Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Religious Knowledge Quiz

On Tuesday I posted about the Pew Foundation Quiz. The results suggested that Evangelicals were behind Mormons and Jews when it came to religious knowledge and that atheists were ahead of everyone else.

As one person commented on here, this was a test not about Christianity, but religion in general. Thus while Evangelicals might have a greater degree of knowledge about the Bible, they tend to know much less about other religions.

Well I managed to track down a version of the quiz. The Pew Forum has 15 of the 32 questions available for you to try. You can also compare your results with others who took the quiz. I took the quiz and got one wrong. And no, it was not a question about the Bible.

Take the quiz and let me know your score.

5 comments:

  1. I got 13 out of 15. Jim Hall

    ReplyDelete
  2. 13/15. Both questions I missed were about Hinduism.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. 15/15 but prior to seminary know I would have missed a few like the Great Revival one, but did have an understanding of other faiths

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 9/15 I missed one by accidentally passing it by but I knew the answer when I saw it. I did not know the answers to the Hindu or Buddhism questions. I had seen a comment posted about this by a friend of mine who is a non-believer on her FB page and it served to strengthen her own convictions about Christians. I thought something had to be amiss about it since it came from PEW. It is unfortunate that my friend didn't take the time to really find out what the survey actually entailed, she would have been surprised at what she would have found.

    Thank you for posting this, it will help me to help her better understand what it was actually about.

    ReplyDelete