Friday, October 22, 2010

The Kingdom of David: The Saga of the Israelites

I had not seen this PBS series until it was pointed out to me by one of my students, David Ladow. The series is four hours long and looks at the history of Judaism from the time of the Babylonian exile through the rabbinic period. These videos would be a good resource for a class that explores the history of Judaism.

I have embedded the videos below.

By the Rivers of Babylon

The Book and the Sword

The End of Days

The Gifts of the Jews


  1. Does anyone know why my you-tube videos are spreading across the screen like this? It didn't do it yesterday, and I can't determine what is going on.

  2. Hi John. I have the same issue since moving around the layout on my blog. You'll probably need to specify a different width when you embed YouTube videos.

  3. Thanks James. I guess I have something else to learn. :)

  4. Here's another one that covers excavation and history of the Bar Kochba rebellion.