Friday, November 19, 2010

Off to SBL in Atlanta!

It is time for the annual meeting of the Society of Biblical Literature. This year we meet in Atlanta. I have a number of papers I want to hear and people to see. Perhaps I will buy some books this year. I find that I buy less and less each year. In fact, last year I bought nothing. I can usually get better deals elsewhere and then I don't need to carry them home on the plane.

I am not giving a paper this year. I make it a point to do so every other year.

I am a bit gutted that Brill won't have my book published in time for the conference, but perhaps they will at least have a cover. Oh well. Few are going to spend the $120.00 they want for it.

But I am looking forward to my first ever Bibliobloger dinner. This will be a meeting of many of those who blog on any number of topics in biblical and theological studies. I look forward to meeting some of these people for the first time. I am still quite new at this, but I have been having a lot of fun.



Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment