Thursday, March 29, 2012

Women, Ministry and the Apostle Paul

March is women's history month. With that in mind I thought I would post some links to a series I did on Women in the Life the Apostle Paul. I did the series when I first began blogging and didn't have near as many readers. I thought that perhaps it would be valuable to repost those links here. I would be happy to read your comments.

The first link contains some general thoughts on the topic of women in ministry and hermeneutics. The next three links is a series I did on women Romans 16. The last link is a bookreview that some may find helpful.

Does God Really Call Women to Ministry?

Women in the Life of the Apostle Paul 1

Women in the Life of the Apostle Paul 2

Women in the Life of the Apostle Paul 3

Book Review: What Did Paul Really Think of Women? 

Update: Here is a post on Women's History Month by one of my students. His blog is called Church in Culture. Stop by to read what he says and leave him a comment.

1 comment:

  1. A very timely post for me as my church has decided in the past two months that women should not be elders because it is not Biblical. And because my church was not following what the Bible said on this issue, that is the reason behind the problems the church was facing. The three women elders on the board were "encouraged" to step down into a different ministry, and new, male elders are being sought. Needless to say, I do not agree.

    I will be spending time reading and studying your posts.